Wednesday, December 24, 2014

December 24, 2014

Hello from the MTC!!

My normal p-day will be on Thursdays but since tomorrow is christmas we get it on Wednesday this week so we have to wait another week and a day

The first week has been a change of lifestyle for sure, but honestly I feel so blessed to have been able to do Work Crew because this is soooo similar. It isn't as drastic of a change as it is for some of the Elders here. I miss my family so much, but am glad I get to spend Christmas here we have Elder Nelson coming to speak to us tomorrow and guess what..... I GET TO CALL HOME!

I will be calling from 4:45-5:15 so I hope you aren't to busy!! I will just call Mom's cell phone!

Nihongo is hard, no doubt about that! But I am loving learning it, nihongo here is the stage at the Hill. Hard but fun! We had to teach a lesson on Friday....IN JAPANESE. Brings a whole new meaning to teaching by the spirit because I didn't know how to teach in the language! We have taught a lesson every day since we got here and it improves every time, for only being here a week I feel so good with where I am in the language, and know that none of it would be possible without the help of the Lord. I pray frequently that he will help me learn the language and understand and retain what I am being taught, and I know that he is answering those prayers. I have enjoyed all the time I have to study the scriptures and gain knowledge from them, I have been spending a lot of time reading Jesus The Christ and gaining so much knowledge and increasing my love for the Savior(Sukuinushi) and all of his sacrifices for us.

Sad I wasn't able to celebrate Joseph Smiths birthday with the family. Spent a lot of time yesterday thinking about the blessings of being at the hill and the affect that Joseph Smith has had on my life! So grateful for him and everything he has done to restore the true gospel to this earth. He truly has done more for the Gospel of Christ save Jesus Christ himself.

Mom you always prepared me to dislike my companions but you never said I would like him ;) Elder Vanalfen is a great elder from Utah, and he has such a good spirit I have learned so much from him. He is a great example to me of hard work with the language as well as studying the scriptures! My district is great as well, I got called as the district leader on Sunday, and my love for them has grown so much!! They are all amazingly focused and hard workers, as well as obedient to the rules and truly wanting to serve the Lord. The Senpai here (or older Elders) are all very helpful and kind, they are all funny and enjoyable to hang out with I have enjoyed getting to know them and work with them! They will be leaving for Nihon in 3 weeks!

Love you so much, and miss you so much but know that this is where I am supposed to be and that the Gospel is true and that Joseph Smith truly did restore this true Church to the earth. My testimony has grown so much in only one week!!

Hope you all have an amazing Christmas, and that you are blessed by the Lord! Never forget the true meaning of Christmas, just drop the last syllable! #ShareTheGift (smiley emoji)

The picture is the Elders in my district the one on the far right is my companion!

Love,
Elder Krebs!

ps. Merry Christmas



No comments:

Post a Comment