Sunday, February 15, 2015

February 12, 2015

WEEK 8~

How has it already been 8 weeks in the MTC I can't believe it....The weeks go by faster each week! I feel like I am getting more and more prepared every day, lessons and Japanese are coming more natural I am so grateful for the programs the MTC has set up to help us they are amazing and really useful! That and the Lord have gotten me through so far, I feel so blessed to have gotten to learn the language. The Lord has helped SO much!

Well I have one pretty crazy story from the week and I will send along pictures in a little bit, I forgot my camera right now :( K here is my CRAZY story for the week, So I was taking down after a devotional and there are all these risers that we have to drop down, and to do that you have to put your foot in this hidden thing and push down. Well one of the new people helping couldn't find it so I showed him by putting my hand in it. When I started to pull my hand out the thing caught my middle finger and ripped on it. At first I was like man this kinda hurts but it is probably just a scratch. I look down at my finger and my nail is ripped out at the bottom corner and there is this crazy deep cut (insert scared emoji with teeth showing) It was bleeding like crazy so we had to go to the ER until 1 AM :((( They had to numb my finger, take the finger nail off put it back in and then give me stitches to keep it in place! So we get back to the residency we sleep and then during class the next day it started to hurt so I took off the bandage and it was infected :( So now I am on tons of medicine to get it better. I get the stitches out Monday...schwoof it was crazy...On the bright side I got to call my Mom and talk to her for a little bit :)

I leave for Japan in a week and four days! Holy hannah...It is coming so fast, the weeks feel like minutes. I feel like I was just emailing home about what I did last week. It is hard to remember all of what we did this week. My companion got to give a prayer in one of the devotionals and he killed it he did such a good job! We got to sit on the stand with the MTC presidency...those chairs are so much more comfy....the ones we sit in for devotional are back killers...but these ones recline and are cushy...I dream about them sometimes they are so nice ;) So we had a new group of native Japanese missionaries come in and they moved into our room. Which is great because it will help us learn the language because they don't speak hardly any English, but there are three of them so my companion and I now have five in the room for the last two weeks rather than two! But the benefit far outweighs the sacrifice ;)

The lessons this week went fantastic, both the investigators are progressing well and the Lord's hand is so obvious in quickening both mine and my companions mind as we teach. It is such a blessing, and just proves that this is truly his work and we are his servants!! My missionary purpose is so important, and the work we are doing as missionaries is more important than we can imagine. We have been called to invite others to come unto christ, by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end! This gospel brings so much happiness and so much joy to the people that accept it and learn from it!

I know this church is true, and I know that Jesus Christ is our savior, He loves each and every one of us and knows us all individually! He is our perfect example and if we follow Him and follow His commandments then we will receive more blessings then we could possibly imagine!

Love you all,

Elder Krebs

ps. 11:11







No comments:

Post a Comment