Thursday, April 9, 2015

April 6, 2015


Wow! I cannot believe I have already been in Japan for 6 weeks! Or a transfer, it is already starting to feel like home! But definitely not more than 1047 Rockbridge road!!

We had such an amazing easter week and saw so many miracles and had so many great experiences. This was probably the most wonderful Easter I have ever had, being able to focus on Christ so much more, and know what this week was truly about. I studied all week about his life and what he did for us each day on this last week of his life, and It was amazing to come closer to him every single day! He truly loves us so much, and went through such terrible things to bring us more happiness in our lives and to help us become better people through his atonement!

Last week was way good, we worked our little hearts out to get as many people to church as possible on Easter and with the four Elders we had 9 nonmembers there! 9!!! Last week we had only one! It is amazing to see the Lord progressing his work every single day and seeing the miracles that come from working hard and obeying the Lords commandments as well as the mission rules!! I love this gospel so much, and am so grateful for Jesus Christ!

This week we went to a sakura park and just spent time there, it was BEAUTIFUL! But sadly they are dying already :(

I am having so much fun here, the members here are sooo kind and loving and really want to help this work progress as well! It is so great to see there excitement over missionary work! I just love this work!

Not to brag or anything...but here we go...I am the record holder for whack a mole at an all you can eat place here in miyazaki. Hold your applause please. I really couldn't have done it without the love and support from my parents my whole life. I also want to thank all of my friends who helped me accomplish this feat as well. Cheers. the old record was 69 and I got 138...doubled...

I love this work and I love easter and I love UK basketball even when they lose...the dummies....

Hope everyone is doing well,

Love

Elder Krebs

*FOR FAMILY:

This week really has been amazing and I feel like I have grown so much closer to the Lord and learned so much about him as I truly focused on studying his life and his sacrifice. And I just couldn't get over how thankful I am for his sacrifice for everyone. He loves us all so much and knows us all individually!

This week was also by far the hardest of my mission so far, our mission president gave us a goal to get 2 investigators at church and 2 new baptismal dates. And on sunday we had no baptismal dates, and all day I had faith that we would get them that day. And then all of our lessons fell through and no one could meet and we weren't able to get any, I just felt terrible that we weren't even able to come close to his goal. And I really just had to reflect on whether I was working as hard as I could and what I could improve on. It was really trying but I felt like I grew from the experience, I was just relying on my trainer a lot, and he has a hard time putting himself out there to commit the people to be baptized or to do things such as that. And I just realized that I can't rely on him to do everything, I have to be bold and do those things as well.

Yesterday we went on splits and I went with a second transfer elder hahahahahah it was SO FUN! Neither of us speak Japanese well so we just bore our testimonies and tried to invite them to stuff! We got 3 new investigators in ONE DAY! It was amazing to see the miracles from our faith in the Lord to help us accomplish our goals that we had set out. We taught an awesome lesson to this kid who has been playing basketball with us every week and coming to our english class. He is pretty much fluent in English and is going to college in Arkansas in a year! he is way cool, so we just decided to text him and see if we could teach him about our church, and he was all about it, we taught him about prayer and about the spirit! He recognized the spirit as we prayed with him and said he felt really calm, happy, and warm and he wanted to learn more and be able to know that God existed!!! It was such a great miracle and the spirit was soooo strong there!! I just love this work, the lessons like that make up for how hard last week was.

I love this work,

Love.

Elder Krebs

No comments:

Post a Comment