Tuesday, July 28, 2015

July 20, 2015 (Fisher of Fish)

Hey Everyone!!

I just got back from fishing in the ocean so I came up with that catchy title to remind you all that I am still funny.

This week was interesting, we moved our eikaiwa to tuesday because we were flying to the bigger island to meet the new mission president so we didn`t have any time to do missionary work really until we got back which was late thursday night because we missed our first flight eeek. But when we got back it was fun to ride over all of Ishigaki to go to the three appointments that we had missed because of the flight. We taught one, rescheduled another, and the third wasnt there :(

Meeting President Egan was amazing, he is a wonderful, kind, and fun man! We could feel the love that he had for us and for this mission and the people of Japan in only hearing him talk one time. He has a strong testimony and a good plan for this mission, I know that we are going to see miracles if we follow him. He interviewed everyone in the mission in just 10 days! The interview was good it was just a get to know you only five minutes, the first question he asked was if I was a Kentucky blue devils fan (he had heard I was a big fan from my brother Matt who he had met in Fukuoka a little bit earlier), and then I told him that if he wanted to talk basketball the interview would go much longer than 5 minutes ;) We also got trained on the next step of our Ipads which is putting the investigator records and planning with it, so that was a lot of fun!

Friday was a good day, we had to do weekly planning and then go to a lot of appointments, it was a great night where we saw a lot of miracles and were able to find some new people to teach as well. It is amazing to see this area turn around like this, it used to be an area that was taboo and we have completely changed the image. The Lord knows that this is the time for Ishigaki to explode and I am so grateful that I get to be here at this time. Elder Lucas is so amazing and we are doing everything we can for this area!

Saturday was a lot of bike riding, we went to teach our new eikaiwa class which is thirty minutes by bike! It went really well, a ton of kids come every week, around 15 and it is awesome to get to know them and have fun with them, I love working with japanese kids they are so honest and so kind to everyone no matter what!

Sunday was a BLAST! Church was amazing as always, and then we went and were able to teach a couple lessons as well as reschedule an appointment, then we went to a big festival with a lot of members, it was a good time to get to know them better and have a lot of fun. Elder Lucas and I got asked to help carry this wood pallet thing with a guy on top and you slam two of the pallets together and two people fight on top. It was pretty cool I guess...perks of being white in a country with not many white people!

I love this work, I know this church is true, I hope everyone is doing well and I pray for my friends and family every single night. I love every single one of you and hope you are all happy and healthy. Always turn to Christ first in times of trial, He is our greatest source of comfort and Love and if we turn to him we will always come back happier and relieved of our burdens.

Love you all,

Elder Krebs

No comments:

Post a Comment