Tuesday, July 28, 2015

July 5, 2015

This week was amazing!

I first want to say happy birthday to the greatest dad in the whole world! I am so grateful for him and for everything that he taught me growing up and his example of being firm in the faith at all times and always being a true example of what a follower of Christ should be like. He has a firm testimony and is one of the nicest people in this world! I love him!

I also want to say how sad I am for the passing of Elder Packer, he was an amazing man who did so much for the Kingdom of God he helped so many people. And was truly a disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ. I am grateful for him and all of the wisdom I have gained from him over the years as I listened to him talk.

We didn't get as much time to teach lessons or to find new investigators as we would have liked but we were able to have a couple of great activities and I think really accomplish what the Lord wanted us to do!

One of the coolest experiences we had was we were going to teach a lesson to a man we had met the other day and he said he wanted to learn english as well. So we believed we were going to teach an english lesson for a little and then a church lesson, which is one of the programs they use in our mission. But we get to his apartment complex and he had like 15 kids waiting for us to teach them english that lived in the apartment complex! We were able to teach an english class to all these kids which went great and then teach the Dad a lesson! It was such an amazing experience to build good relationships in this area! We were also able to help him plant banana trees which was pretty fun, it was a really cool experience for us. It is weird that I live in a place where mangos and banana trees are just everywhere! #IslandLife

We were also able to have an AMAZING 4th of July party, it was a blast. We made red pancakes and put blueberry Jam and coconut shavings on them to make an american flag! We had a lot of English class students there, members, and investigators! Such a great experience to build good relations with them! We cut up like 10 pineapples that we received the other day from an investigator and Elder Lucas cooked hashbrowns and made some delicious buttermilk syrup. I manned the Pancake grill, a skill I learned from my awesome dad and grandpa. It was a really great activity!

Elder Lucas and I have had some great experiences with continuing to strength our faith in the Lord here and to progress this work. We see his hand every day and we know that he loves and cares for this area of ishigaki and we pray every day for it.

Please pray for the Taira family and for Hayashi that they will be able to progress towards their baptismal dates!

I love you all!

Elder Krebs






No comments:

Post a Comment