Tuesday, September 8, 2015

August 10, 2015

Another week, another typhoon, another two days inside :( This week was interesting, it is weird to know that my companion is for sure leaving and I think it gave us both a lot more energy to push harder and work to find those people the Lord wants us to. And we saw many miracles this week, but we also had some big disappointments. 

Yudai was supposed to get baptized on Sunday but because of the typhoon and some other things we weren't able to have the baptismal service, but we will hopefully be able to have it next week. So please pray for that! We also saw a lot of awesome miracles this week, we had a young family come to church which was so cool to see how excited the ward got. They loved it, the Ooki family is so awesome. It is a mom with her two children who are 8 and 5, they are the stinking coolest little girls ever. They loved church, and are very willing to listen to our message and are very excepting and see what can come from teaching them more. We know the Lord has a great plan in store for them! 

During the typhoon I had an awesome experience of getting to call Kouta from my first area of Miyazaki, he was the baptism we had right after I got in to Japan. It was amazing to talk to him, and any missionaries that want to feel good about their language progression should call someone from their first area later on. I never felt like I was progressing in the language and was still stuck in the same place, but I was able to talk to him for 30 minutes about all kind of stuff and understood it all. It is such a blessing from the Lord to be able to be given these gifts from the spirit and I feel so grateful to him. Kouta was able to go to the temple a few weeks ago and is preparing to serve a mission!!!!!!!! I am so excited for him, and to see how much more he can help the kingdom of God grow!

We had another amazing miracle yesterday, we have been teaching a lady Hitomi recently who is married to a man from switzerland, we had talked to him a few times and he was fine with us coming over. But yesterday we went to their house and taught for an hour to him about our church. We were able to explain our beliefs, and he was very nice and respectful as he listened. He doesnt like organized religion because he was forced to attend as a kid so he has a hard time thinking of it as a good thing. But he does want to come to church, and see what it is like! But we are praying that as we teach them more his heart will be softened and they will be able to receive baptism! They also gave us DELICIOUS Swiss Chocolate I thought I had died and gone to heaven when I ate it. So good. 

It was cool to see the Lord testing us as well this week, right after we got out from the typhoon Elder Lucas`s bike broke in a pretty spectacular way hahahaha the gear shifter just broke cleanly off and his chain snapped in half as he was changing gears. The bike has been through a good mission ;) So we had to walk 10 minutes back home, and then 30 minutes to a members house to borrow their bike. But we were able to talk a lot and have some good bonding time. I am gonna miss him a lot, he has been an amazing companion who has taught me SO much. But I know the Lord has a plan for me to be able to let me continually grow and progress. So I am excited to see what it is. I am for sure staying here in Ishigaki though! 

Love you all so much, never forget that the Lord knows everyone individually He knows our problems and our joys. And he wants to help us always, we just have to be willing to ask Him and turn to Him. I pray for all of you every day!

Elder Krebs 

ps. Typhoon was suppppper cool and strong. just btdubs



No comments:

Post a Comment