Tuesday, September 8, 2015

August 16, 2015

I am still in beautiful Ishigaki! Loving every second, it is fun to see a new companion adjusting to the heat down here ;) He is doing great though! His name is Elder Quinn an Elder from California, an awesome guy and really kind. He is older and only has 3 months left on his mission, which further teaches me that the Lord knows I need a lot of help! I am grateful for the older missionaries I have been able to work with here and learn so much from. We are excited to continue to help Ishigaki grow and progress!

This week was pretty stressful with transfers and getting everything ready for Elder Lucas to leave we got to visit and meet with a lot of the members and investigators though! One of the members gave us Japanese KFC, that was pretty fun to try it out! More like chik-fil-a to be honest. We got to see a lot of our investigators and Elder Lucas was able to testify and they were all really receptive so I am excited to continue to help this area grow and continue where we left off with Elder Quinn. So whoot for missionary work in Ishigaki! 

It is fun doing missionary work with a new companion, and learning how they teach, how they talk to people and things such as that! Adjusting is a good thing, and it has helped me learn a lot. We have been able to teach quite a few lessons together already which is a blessing and I am grateful for the opportunity. We met one new investigator our first night together named Yabuki who is AWESOME! He knows a lot about Christian churches, and has been wanting to learn more, he has some interesting questions such as can his cats go to heaven with him, because he LOVES his cats. He is just an awesome 35 year old man who works on a boat all day, I am excited to teach him more!

We had a cool experience yesterday, we were knocking an apartment and we looked down and the other two elders were riding their bikes past us. We asked them where they were going and they said to a less active, and I felt pretty strongly that we should join so we ran down and rode to the less actives house with them. They were just going to get the address of his son so they could try to meet with him, but he let us in, and he had served a mission and I felt like we should try to bring that up. So I started asking him questions about his mission, and we were able to talk with him for about an hour about his mission and he was getting pretty teary thinking about the experiences he had and seemed like he was going to put a lot more effort into finding a new job so that he can come to church again! It was a great experience and just shows that the Lord always has a plan in mind and to see all the little things that happen that made it possible for us to go and meet with him on his one day off in like a month. 

I love Ishigaki, I love Elder Quinn, and I love the gospel! I hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy!

Love you all,

Elder Krebs






No comments:

Post a Comment