Thursday, January 29, 2015

January 22, 2014

Hey everyone!!

This week has been fantastic!! I have loved every second, I feel like I have progressed so much both in knowledge of the gospel and knowing my purpose as a missionary but also in the language! I have seen the Lord's hand blessing me every day and helping me grow to become a better person with everything I do! I love feeling the love of the Lord continually and feeling the companionship of the spirit more often!

So this week was pretty busy and has gotten kind of crazy these last few days! My companion is feeling all better again which is awesome! It is very helpful to be able to get back to class every day and be learning from our teacher! We have great teachers who not only teach Nihongo well but they also teach the gospel principles and how to improve ourselves as missionaries well! This week I have really started to realize the true importance of my calling as a missionary of the Lord Jesus Christ! How blessed I am to be a servant of the Lord, this time that I have is short only two years and I want to make every day count! I have really set many goals and a resolve to work as hard as I can every day so that I don't regret anything from my mission! I will have a long time to think about my mission and I don't want to have any regrets.

This week we had Elder Ballard come and talk to us! He gave a great talk with 10 points of how to become a better missionary! I think some of my favorite advice that he gave was whenever we feel sad or depressed think of Joseph Smith in liberty jail, and think of the trials that he went through and how hard it was for him. And that will humble us and make our sadness turn to gratitude to the Lord for everything we have. He also emphasized letting the spirit teach the investigators, we can teach them but when we bear testimony that is when we let the Holy Ghost do it's work!

So on Tuesday we got a group of 8 Nihonjin (native Japanese) and I got to pick them up with my companion! They are all so amazing, almost all of them speak perfect English and perfect Japanese! There are 7 sisters and 1 Elder, Elder Skinner, so my companion and I get to be the Elders companion and he is moving into our room!! We are excited to have someone new, he is an awesome elder! He went to BYU the last 3 semesters and was raised in Tokyo! It is so great to get to know him and welcome him to the MTC! We did a meeting last night with all the new Nihonjin and they told us to do it all in Japanese...it went pretty well, we were able to talk about their schedule and their purpose as missionaries! As well as that we were able to bear our testimonies to them at the end which went really well!

We have seen a lot of blessings this week, especially yesterday! My companion and I taught probably our best lesson, both language and having the spirit present, and we realized that it was because we prepared and got ready for the lesson exactly as we had been taught. We used our personal, companion, and language study the way we were supposed to so that we could be as prepared as possible for the lesson. And the Lord truly blessed us to teach clearly and get the points across that we wanted to!

I love this work so much and I am so grateful to be a missionary of the Lord! How blessed I am to serve the Lord! I know that this church is true, I have prayed frequently and the spirit has told me that it is true. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and is a perfect book, it blesses the lives of whoever read it! I know that through Jesus Christ we can receive a remission of our sins! How amazing it is that he has given us the atonement to be forgiven and to repent of our sins!

I love you all and hope you are all well!

Love,
Elder Krebs

No comments:

Post a Comment