Thursday, January 29, 2015

January 29, 2014

Dear Everyone,

I CAN ALMOST TASTE JAPAN! It gets so much closer with every P-day, the weeks go by so fast here I can't believe I have already been here for this long!! It is mind blowing!! I love every second and feel so much closer to the Lord now!

We had a good week of learning, I feel as if with every day I understand how I work more and I understand the importance of this work and the responsibility I have as a missionary! It was nice as well to have my companion all healthy again! We were able to teach all of our lessons and I feel as if they went well! We are really getting connected with our investigators and I feel really close to them, even though they are just our teachers!

We had a two great devotionals this week one from a 70 named Elder Kechar that was probably my favorite since I have been here. He talked on how we get to choose what kind of missionary we can be. Will we be lazy and complain all the time? Will we work hard and serve the Lord? Or will we consecrate all of our time to the Lord and truly serve him with all our heart might mind and strength. He made an amazing point on being obedient during our mission, saying that if we are obedient it not only shows our mission president and companions that they can trust us, it shows the Lord that he can trust us. It really made me think that I never want the Lord to not trust me with helping one of his children, I want him to be able to rely on me and know that I will always be there for him! It really strengthened my resolve to be perfectly obedient and be the best missionary that I could be. No slacking off!

Everything is going great here at the MTC, I had a great experience on Tuesday where my Companion and I went to the pharmacy to get the medicine and who did I see but Rachel Hancock. It was so nice to get to see her and it was a tender mercy of the Lord. I haven't seen her in almost 2 years so it was great to see her again!

I love this work, and I know that this church is true. The Book of Mormon is God's word and if we follow his commandments we will be blessed!

Love,

Elder Krebs



No comments:

Post a Comment