Wednesday, November 2, 2016

October 16, 2016

What a great week! Ended off with a trip to the beautiful island of Okinawa! I am writing this on the plane back to Fukuoka. I LOVE MY MISSION! Planes, trains, automobiles, boats, cars, canoe, you name it ;)

This week I have been humbled a lot by the grace and goodness of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and for their patience with me! I have seen some amazing examples and friends throughout the mission, and just realized how wonderful this gospel is, and how we have all changed over the time we have been here! How could this gospel not be true???

I have been focusing on humbling myself, and putting all my trust in the Lord and in The Holy Ghost to guide and direct me. I too often get distracted and worried about small little details that make it harder to feel the Holy Ghost. But I know as we relax, trust in the Lord, and CHOOSE to be happy that we can accomplish anything. And especially accomplish what the Lord would have us accomplish! I am still working on it though. I would give myself a solid D+ for now....but hey, that's better than computer programming ;) 勉強します^o^

General Conference was AWESOME! While watching I was remembering myself as a little kid, I could only make it through a session if I had my Harry Potter book behind the Book of Mormon, or 15 coloring books in front of me. Now I never wanted the spiritual feast to end! I was so grateful for Elder Nelsons talk, I also loved the talk about not comparing ourselves! It was definitely something I needed to hear in that moment! All of these talks are so applicable to our lives at any time! Can't wait to study and re study them all again!

So grateful for the opportunity to be here and to serve and learn from amazing mentors! That teach me everything from how to budget my money, to how to cook cookies right in Japan :) plus all kinds of gospel goodness as well! President and a Sister Egan have become amazing role models to me, I know that the opportunity to work with them was for my benefit, the Lord knew what I needed in my life right now. I am grateful for his plan! 

One amazing thing I have learned this week through my experiences and help from others is that we cannot make ourselves become happy but we can make ourselves be grateful and that makes all the difference!! Be grateful for everything you have! We are blessed beyond belief!!

Love,

Elder Krebs








No comments:

Post a Comment