Wednesday, January 13, 2016

December 6, 2015

Fastest week of my life!!

I am soooo tired. We went on splits twice this week so it involved a lot of traveling in the HUGE zone, and lots of knocking doors and partying it up with some awesome missionaries!! It was a blast! We saw some crazy miracles this week, and I wish I could write them all but I can't cause we don't have as much email time today cause we are going to the ZOO!!! WHOOT! Super pumped!

So elder Rawlinson and I realized at the beginning of this week that basically I would be gone from Monday to Friday! So we would have to go way hard Saturday and Sunday! And let me tell you those two days were crazy, we went out and kicked butt! We saw some awesome miracles, but the coolest one was probably what happened yesterday. So it starts four weeks ago, when I came to YammaGucci this lady on the bus with us was fluent in English and way cool, we got to know her well and she said she was living in Yamaguchi so I told her to come to English class and stuff but never saw her. But yesterday we ran into her on the street!! Like what !?!? And she was way excited to see us again, and she had gotten an email from one of the sisters that had been on the bus that week, and in the email she mentioned the true meaning of Christmas. And she wants to learn more! She wants to learn about Christ and why he is important, and she is taking her day off on Friday to come to English class and have a lesson beforehand on the true meaning of Christmas!! How crazy is that, after four weeks! The lord prepares people in such interesting ways!

We also met another fluent English speaker yesterday but he let us teach and talk to him for about 5 minutes before he told us he lived in New York until he was 10...like what the flip. After five minutes he just flipped into perfect English, it blew my mind a little bit hahahaha but we are meeting with him soon as well!

The Lord is preparing people left and right here in YammaGucci, I am grateful to be here for it all. The Lord truly blesses as we go out and work hard, elder Rawlinson and I decided we could always work harder, never be satisfied so we went out and put a big effort on riding faster, walking faster, talking to everyone and doing every little thing we could (including lots of prayer) and it worked, those two days were as miracle filled as I have seen on my mision!

The Christmas season is in full swing, John Schmidt's Christmas album is playing in our apartment always, we found Christmas lights hidden in a closet, just one little string but still...#blessings, I made Andes mint cookies the other day, and am going to try egg nog soon. Wish me luck, my love for Christmas is going kind of crazy but it is just too much fun.

I know the church is true, and this is a scripture that has given me comfort this week. It has helped me realize why I am doing this and what I should expect, it was never easy for the savior and so I shouldn't expect it to be easy for me either, he is my perfect leader and I will follow him any where no matter what the cost,

"The servant is not greater than his Lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; of they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also." John 15:20

Love you so much,

Elder Krebs




No comments:

Post a Comment